Friday, November 23, 2007

Jumping on the Biddy-Bandwagon



Tara from Dudley Redhead posted about these charmingly fabulous biddy bags and I have to admit, I LOVE them and I am just trying to decide which one I want (and I will have chosen and bought it by the time I finish, but I can't decide between about 10 of them!) Each one is unique and a perfect everyday bag size, and delightfully - printed on the inside pocket of every unique Biddy Bag is the story of its maker.

I am really passionate about craft and community and Biddy Bags certainly fits in with that ideal! It's a non-profit social enterprise and each of the fabulous older lady bag makers are contracted on a bag-to-bag basis and benefit through profit-share and increased social interaction.

For each bag sold the woman who crafted it receives over half of the profit with the remainder being used to cover operational costs and to expand the enterprise’s reach.

Thank you so much for blogging about this Tara - I wouldn't have found it otherwise!

(and the picture is of the one I bought and yes of course it's green - because I am obsessed)

0 comments: