Saturday, February 23, 2008

I think I might have found the last great, untapped opportunity shop... There was a sign off the main street, having all the time in the world (today) I went in there and there it was. A warehouse of goodness. I only had $5.05 on me, so no purchases were made, but check it out.

Racks and racks of clothing, I couldn't find anything over $3.50, I think this shows about half the racks.


No young hipsters to complete with, this op shop was the domain of the elderly only.



Look at it! It's magnificent... craft corner. A million buttons, yards of fabric, craft kits and books, vintage patterns and much more!


So many buttons. I thought they were all packets or piles of the same in the rows, but every single sheet of buttons is different, they have just them sort of grouped in the same colours.




Where we are in the hills is about 5 degrees cooler than in the city, so it's fairly cold today... I have lit the fire downstairs and am struggling to remain motivated and not curl up on the couch for a nap....zzzz....

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! Where is that place?

Betty Jo said...

If I ever have enough time in the day to sew buttons on cards for the oppy,
I promise I will!
It's such a pleasure to shop for important things like buttons when they are displayed so beautifully.
Next time take some moolah!

Drewzel said...

Ooooh, i wonder where the oppy is? The craft corner is calling me!

Amelia said...

hello, i was just wondering if you were interested in joining Melbourne's collaborative op shopping blog 'I op therefore I am'

http://melb-opshopping.blogspot.com/

there are also links there to maps and addresses of melbourne's op shops. let me know if you are interested.

regards, Amelia

ps. please don't keep us all in unbearable suspense - where is the op shop??

veronica darling said...

Georgie Love - REVEAL ALL! (Although I'm not in Melbs and can't pop by for a geek) Where is it?

Dudley Redhead said...

were you wearing a trench coat?
love the pics - thanks for the experience. Do crafters practise fingernail torture in the quest for op shop secrets... hmm..

Lew said...

I'm pretty sure I've been to this op-shop (did it have a sign saying "Ties" made with cut-up ties?), but I have absolutely NO idea where it is (other than somewhere in Melbourne, obviously). Kind of industrial feeling from memory.