Tuesday, June 03, 2008



Phew. Ok, so after our week or so house sitting in the inner burbs, we are back at home in the misty hills of home! It's kind of funny, Georgie Love was reasonably quiet, which was good and made things easy and relaxing, but since coming back about 10 orders came in overnight, so I guess everything is back to normal. It was good to have a bit of a break, but I am glad to be home! I missed the house and the hills. I stopped at the Emerald Bakery on the way to work and bought some date scones for breakfast (it's a bit of a craving at the moment) and they were still very warm. Delicious!

I have been reading/hearing about all these vivid dreams you are supposed to have when pregnant. I have been dreaming about the most MUNDANE things possible, it's quite the opposite... UNTIL LAST NIGHT. I had three really bizarre and emotional dreams (possibly due to the fact Dr-Mr and I had frustrating appointments at the hospital yesterday). In the first dream I had the baby, lost it and was searching through the Yellow Pages in order to work out where I left it (at least I took a methodical approach to finding said Bub).


In the second dream I had tied Georgie-dog up in the middle of the city, forgot that I had left him there and was running through the city at night trying to find him. I did eventually find him, several days later and he was very hungry and he stood up wagging his tail when he saw me, even though I WAS SO VERY BAD and left him there. Sorry George. :-( When I woke up I had to wake George up too to give him a bit of a guilty cuddle. The last one was too horrible to talk about, so let's MOVE ON. Ahem.

Phew. All dreams involved a lot of emotions and crying and I feel quite weary as a result. So stupid!


It's still so foggy outside, I love it. What I DO NOT LOVE is the fact that the gas heaters are not working at the day job. We DON'T have air conditioning in summer and now we don't have heating in winter! My finglets are all freezy making it hard to type. I am sure there is an energy guzzling blow heater around somewhere, I must find it.

To finish up this mostly mundane post - I posted the Georgie Love package (or it may be Sal & Georgie Love Care Package) to name-inspiration winner BigCat yesterday and it was so fun to put together, although it was a collection of things, not just Georgie Love related. I can't wait for her to open it! Hooray! Dr-Mr and I HAVE agreed on a boy name (finally!), but knowing our luck, we'll be having a girl. We find out in 3ish weeks I think. I CAN'T WAIT.

Oh and finally, does anyone know of a cheap, dog-friendly (and we are all very, very well behaved) holiday house not too far a drive away? We are not going to have the time or $$$ for a proper holiday, but a long weekend away would be perfect. Please let me know if you do!

1 comments:

BigCat said...

It arrived! It's here! Thank you. Thank you so much. I can't believe your generosity. I'm just about to play show and tell over on my blog.

I know what you are talking about with the dreams too. I've just had a week of feverish dreams which are also really intense. I'm glad to be done with them to be honest.

Ok, I'm off to show everyone what a great package you put together.