Thursday, August 07, 2008

where in the absence of having anything interesting to say, I discuss things of little or no interest.


This is a list of the things I have been thinking about lately. Because I can't sit and think about carpet and blinds forever. Specifically because Carpet Court (hooray!) actually turned up for their appointment last weekend, we have actually chosen carpet (cafe noir to be precise) and it will be installed in a fortnight, which while being GREAT news, also means that there is in fact 1000 things we have to do between now and then. Mainly setting up a new Georgie Love office area, putting together desks and moving things. We have also picked blinds for half of the house which is another great achievement (and I SWEAR TO YOU we are the easiest people to sell stuff too, we are so grateful to have anyone come over, we make quick choices and offer very nice coffee and cookies to our guests). Tonight we are having a plastering person over to do a quote on the final work required on the two bedrooms upstairs, which while certainly not budgeted for, would be AWESOME to do. Although someone broke my spirit a little earlier by informing me that plaster then requires paint. BAH.

FASCINATING STUFF. I am in this tired and nesting obsession at the moment, It's all homewares for me at the moment and even though we don't need them, I don't think I can resist these cushions for very much longer:



The one problematic thing about lusting and buying cushions though, I am unlikely to then go and buy the required stuffing the cushion needs to make it worthwhile. It's the only thing holding me back, I tell you.



Other points that are crucial for you to know - I really do hate velvet. I do, I don't understand it as a fabric or the lure of it as a fabric. Same with velour. When I think about either velvet or velour, I think (for some reason) of the sensation of rubbing the fabric against my teeth and it has the same effect on me as fingernails down a chalkboard. The reason that I am now thinking of velvet is because I am surprised HOW MANY ITEMS OF CLOTHING for pregnant ladies are made of velvet. And cost a fortune. This has come up because I am looking for a pair of entirely cotton tracksuit pants. To fit a roundy pregnant lady and I keep coming across these velour and velvet options and I have to say No.

I am feeling very disheveled. You know how there are some people are so perfectly poised and ironed. I don't iron a thing. I think I could improve my appearance by 50%, just BY IRONING. The other 50% could be improved by sewing holes closed. In the years that Dr-Mr and I have been together, I think he has seen me iron twice and I think both times were dress shirts of his. I just don't iron.



I went swimming last night for the first time since becoming pregnant and WHAT A JOY. I think you forget how much strain and pressure and weight is bearing down on those ligaments tugging in my belly. I did a handful of laps (double digits) and then just floated and bobbed about attempting to give filthy looks to the older gentleman in his goggles spying on all the young girls in their bikinis. Yuck.

Speaking of pregnant, all is well with bub and me, she is kicking up a storm, if you can recommend any comfortable positions to sleep in, because I AM DYING TO HEAR THEM. I have about 5 or 6 pillows in the bed and yet nothing is working. I look and feel like a zombie. Aaaarrrrrgggggghhh... brains.

4 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I can see why you want those cushions...they're gorgeous. My sister loved Bonds trackies when she was pregnant, they have an extra wide elasticised band at the top which is supposed to be really comfy.

Betty Jo said...

The bouyancy of water is a preggie girls best friend..I gave birth right after a day "taking a load off" at Coburg pool. I also swear by a pillow between the knees.Glad to hear missy is practicing her judo kicks!!!

Anonymous said...

ah your bringing back fond memories.one pillow under the belly one under boobs ,one between the legs and a strong helper to roll you over when frequent wee breaks -break what little sleep you can get.The water thing is wonderful and works even better than the drugs in labour too!
good luck i am so jealous

Anonymous said...

ah your bringing back fond memories.one pillow under the belly one under boobs ,one between the legs and a strong helper to roll you over when frequent wee breaks -break what little sleep you can get.The water thing is wonderful and works even better than the drugs in labour too!
good luck i am so jealous