Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hot, Lazy Tales

What do you mean, you don't want to come and clean my house? You can help yourself to anything in the fridge when you are done. That's fair... right?

Oh.

It's 43 degrees here in Melbourne today, I am sure you have been told by a thousand different sweat soaked bloggers. We have ducted cooling (you can come over if you vacuum), but even on full blast it's still about 25 degrees inside. We ventured out briefly, to buy chops for dinner, pick up a prescription and buy something nice for Georgie (butchers bones and unfortunately, diet kibble). And now we are back.



Muppet is asleep in her bassinet. She's clocking up an hour so far, I am hoping for an hour more. She's handling the heat ok - lots of feeds, lots of naps, I sit her under the air vents and we have chats. "Talking" is her new favourite interactive activity and she could do it for hours - she tried to last night, instead of sleep, but we put an end to that.



Me? I am on the couch not doing much of anything. Yeah, the house is a mess, there are Georgie Love packages to wrap, a few more new Dick & Dora products to upload, I am SO behind on my emails and I am sure I could make a phone call or two.

But nope. I DID do the dishes. And yes, I bought chops. We shall, at least, be eating this evening.



I did put some ice cubes in the bird's water/bird bath, but it melted before any of them got to enjoy it.



These guys are guarding it. Fortunately they DO let the little birdies have their drink and splash. There was this absolutely MASSIVE black bird that I have never seen before guarding it ominously, but the two parrots have taken ownership once more.

Georgie is yipping in his sleep, bone in his belly, raspberry & pineapple Callipo in mine.

4 comments:

Bec said...

it took me a while to 'see' miss ruby in her bassinette, maybe that is because i am being blinded by the blistering sun today! whoo! it is hot!
glad to hear master george is still enjoying the finery of bones! that would have made him VERY happy indeed, chirpy georgie sleeping.
so on to the scary part of your post, birds, birds, birds. i don't like them, they don't like me, we try to keep our distance! (yuck!)
take care buttons, b xx

potty mouth mama said...

Hideous weather - isn't it? We're heading back to the 40s later this week. Can't wait. Can you hear my sarcasm??

Let me know your postal address - I'll post you out some of the goodies this week. Lots of them. xxx

MildlyCrafty said...

I would kill for only 25 degrees inside, it's 33 in my house :(

ButtonsByLouLou said...

We have moved in with the parents-in-law as they have air conditioning. The forecast of 38oC today sounded cool!