Monday, February 09, 2009

I have been teary for 24 hours about all these fires, it's just so terrible. We have been thinking of ways we can help (and lordy do I have a ton of clothes and things when the need for those arises), so see below for Georgie Love's donations for February.

Pip Stafford has listed a number of wonderful and positive ways people can help - what touches me personally as well is the animals, I had a bit of a cry yesterday talking to Dr-Mr, thinking of all the fearful and panicked animals who would have lost their lives. I think we will have a chat and maybe foster some - I am not sure how Georgie would go with another dog, but we have 3/4 acre, so I am sure there is room for other non-canine things.

Muppet and I walked into town before and it's all anyone was talking about - every house we passed had the news on, people were talking on their mobile phones and in shops about it - there were tins on ever counter taking people's change for the relief fund - we live in a bush fire risk area, so everyone feels these things personally - and the sense of relief in them passing us by.

My brain gave me a little break from it all with the most weird dream this morning - here is a snippet:

"Oh my god, there is a brown bear in purple chiffon entering that cafe!'
"oh wait it's ok, he's opening the door and letting everyone out"
".... what then IS he doing in there?!"

2 comments:

Bec said...

only you would dream of bears in chiffon sal, and i love it! xx

Kim said...

We send our Love and Prayers to all affected by this terrible fire. Stay safe and thank you for your post.