Tuesday, March 17, 2009

achieving little.


I have a method of judging how messy the house is. It's always fairly chaotic with 2 working spaces taking up half the living room, plus the myriad of toys, play mats, an exercise machine, dog beds and the like. But it's graded in this way "how ashamed would I be to have people come over". At the moment the shame is only mild to moderate. I haven't cleaned this week (Dr-Mr did vacuum over the weekend though), but I HAVE tidied and dusted the coffee table. Oh yes. You may come over for a cup of tea. My only real shame is that I can only offer you trail mix to accompany the tea.

4 comments:

MelbourneVintage said...

Hello! I posted a link to your shop on my blog the other day and just discovered you have a blog - I love it! It's very funny! Cheers Tina

ck4eva said...

LOL. Trail mix is ok with me!
I'm in the moderate-high category of not wanting people to come see this mess right now. Having a visitor in a few minutes so panicked and got my other half to do a hurried tidy with me! Argh! The stress! ;)

Cindy said...

That is so funny. What a great yard stick, though I fear I would never open the door again. You should only invite people in if they bring cake anyway.

Cath said...

I like your yard stick too. my house is dived into public and private areas. I try to keep the public one tidy ( as opposed to clean) but behind closed doors....