Monday, March 30, 2009

Phew... so what's been happening? I feel like I have been away for AGES. Have I? Anyway, in the meantime:



The muppet turned 5 months old. Where has the time gone? She is so delightful and mostly not trouble anymore. Mostly. Night sleeping still needs work.

She started solids last week - a month earlier than expected. We were going to be strict 6 months, but she was getting cranky when we ate, trying to grab food from us, mimicking chewing and waiting every 90 minutes in the night for a feed. So she was ready. I was not ready and had to turn to Stephanie Alexander to teach me how to stew fruit. Is that a terrible admission? I didn't know how to stew fruit, but NOW I DO. She is particularly fond of an apple and pear blend and tries to shove the spoon so far in her mouth that she gags.


Dinner was pumpkin and after some particularly funny faces as it wasn't as sweet as fruit, she loved it and gobbled it all up.



SWAPAPALOOZA 2009 has currently 30 participants - if you are interested you have only ONE DAY LEFT to get involved!

ALSO April is Georgie Love's THIRD BIRTHDAY MONTH! More details to follow of giveaways and all that nonsense.

I am having sewing lessons from the simply delightfully kind Kirsty from kootoyoo. More info on that to come, as I have set myself a MEGA CRAFT CHALLENGE. Why? Can I be that bored? SURELY my LACK OF SPARE TIME would prevent me SUCH STUPIDITY. Nope, it's going to be fun - you will see very soon.

Oh and finally, had the second worst food poisoning* in my life yesterday, due to inadvertently consuming unwashed baby spinach. Learn from my mistakes, my friends. Hideous. Feeling better but still not ready to tuck in to dinner. UGH.

Is that it? Maybe. For now.


(*first one happened in the UK, it wasn't food, but no one ever tells you you can't drink the water out of the bathroom in England, it's not filtered. I was so sick, having anyone even in the same ROOM as me set me off)

6 comments:

Penny said...

Eww. Hope you feel better Sal!

Can't wait to see the results of your mega craft challenge, how exciting!

Tinniegirl said...

Can't believe the little one is 5 months old already. Time does fly.

The swap sounds like so much fun. I can't commit at the moment but I'll keep an eye out for the next one if it happens.

Betty Jo said...

There's nothing in the manual to tell you how to be a mama when your head is over a bucket!So glad it was short lived.
Looking forward to the Swapalooza!
As for Ruby....The older she gets the cuter she is!

nineteen toes said...

5 months already! can't believe it - she's so cute :)

Chrisy said...

Ruby is a honey...so nice that you're cooking things for her...and gosh poisoning from unwashed baby spinach...i'll be more careful in future...

chunkychooky (Cath) said...

Gawd she is a cutey!!!