Wednesday, May 27, 2009

briefly, today I wear the cranky pants. And talk about SWAPTOWN


I just lost a post about how I was cranky, so maybe I am not supposed to tell you that today I am CRANKY and FRUSTRATED. Sometimes the dishonesty in the internetland gets me down. In SAL-LAND where I reside, it's mostly sunshine and puppies and lollies and you and me. That negative stuff doesn't get to come in too often, because I just don't have time for it.

Anyway, I am thinking of June/July for the next SWAPAPALOOZA. Yes. Yes? Good times. I also had an idea for the MOST AWESOME SWAP EVER (I told you, am not a crafter, am an ideaser). In my IDEA SWAP one participant would send RAW MATERIALS (fabric, buttons, clips whatever) to one person, who would MAKE SOMETHING with those things and then SEND IT ON TO ANOTHER PERSON. Awesome, right? But I would be excluded, unless you were keen on receiving something akin to a dolly made from cotton wool, toilet paper rolls and ice cream sticks. Man, it's sad when little kids can kick my butt at craft.

The muppet spilt water all over my keyboard yesterday, so I have to go buy another one tonight. Which is ok, because have you noticed MAC users out there (particularly those who drink tea and eat at their desk, my hand is up) that the white and clear mac keyboards just get filled with dust and crumbs and hair and and filth and then become more an exercise in bad hygiene than productivity. So in a way, I am glad this happened. It's time to lose the filth. LOSE IT.

Anyway, my crankiness may also be due that I did not get more than 1 hour of straight sleep last night AND I have been trapped in a fluroescent lit office all day, which is enough to destroy any good cheer. AND it's grey outside and I am cold. BUT I LOVE YOUSE ALL, so let's leave this on a positive note. LOVE. YOUSE. I do.

15 comments:

sophie said...

It must be cranky-pants week or something, because I've got mine on too this week!

Let's hope we can change into happy pants some time in the very near future...

Betty Jo said...

I like the "up" Sal-land posts with sugar n' spice and all things nice too. Like swapping especially!
My cranky pants are now in the wash from last week. All I can say is "sorry family" I hope all is forgiven.
Oh, and sleep is life's sweet elixir.....it will come!

A Life So Peachy said...

Yay! for the most awesome swap ever!! Can't wait!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Here's to sleeping! (which I wish I was doing right now....oh well, I'm reading blogs).
cool swap idea!

pepper said...

that swap sounds just awesome! and those cranky pants sure are cute.. I can testify to flourescent offices not doing much for your mood, sometimes it feels they may be sucking my soul out of my nostril.. (or is that just me)wishin you good sleeps and cheery-pants :)

Penny said...

That swap sounds tricky!

new-perestroika said...

Aw, boo! Remember, everything in internet land is pretend, including mean people who are secretly very wonderful in reality. If it helps, you are one of the very lovely things about the internet and I suspect you brighten the day for many people.

Also I want the cranky pants.

chunkychooky (Cath) said...

I had my cranky pants on earlier in the week but they seem to have worn off slowly.. the swap sounds top- you are an ideaser!!

Karin said...

You're a great ideas person! I'll be up for it.

Bec said...

your cranky pants look great - i wish my cranky pants were as nice as yours. btw - love the swapsy idea but would be LOADS of work involved...do you have time to take that on? me thinks no! see you saturday, xx

ck4eva said...

I'm cranky too. :(
I'd love to be a part of the next swap, except I don't sew either. :(
Also, I'd love to hear if my last person got her swapsie stuff.

Please people - if you're part of the Swaps, let Sal know you've received your package!!!

Ok. Miss Cranky is leaving now. ;)

erin said...

i'm here to bring my negative cloud to your bright shiny space! no, not really--just saying hi and hoping you're well, cakey miss. here comes an email....! xox

anastasia said...

cranky days are never fun, but at least you know the source of yours! somedays i'm just cranky for no reason i can think of.
the raw goods into finished goods swap sounds like an exceptionally fine idea! it would probably be very inspiring working with prints and patterns and things you wouldn't normally use.

Jessi said...

can i join in too?? or am i too late??

Momma Kate said...

I'm in for a swapapalooza and the other swappy thing! I had so much fun last time :)