Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Love Infomercials

Heya, do you remember when I used to use this blog as a place to talk about Georgie Love and what was coming up and all that sort of thing. No? Yeah, me neither.



The Muppet has her first proper cold and is feeling a bit sad and sorry, that photo above is from Sunday when she first started coming down with it. Her spirits are reasonable, but she cries and complains every time I leave the room or put her down and the only time today was properly happy today was when I gave her a super warm bath with Eucalyptus Oil. She is also super cuddly at the moment, which I love as I have a baby desperate to crawl. DESPERATE. Doesn't otherwise care about cuddles, music, toys - it's all on the tummy grunting and pushing up. She has started sitting unaided. so it's not going to be too far. Eep. When not in the quest for movement, she is desperate to drink from any glass that anyone has. She stands on laps and as you are about to take a sip of water, she leans in, puts both hand around the glass and clunks heads with you as she tries to put the glass in her mouth. Endearing for the short term, if you don't mind being covered in water.

I started work last week and it was fine, surreal to be back, but ok. I like the people I work with and the actual work itself was fine. I don't think I will be there tomorrow as I doubt Rubes will be well enough to go back to daycare (where the cold first started, obviously). I think I can do some work from home, depending if she will let me put her down.


I'm now feeling a little peaky myself, not sure if it's the onset of a cold or two nights of a sad baby and no sleep. Thanks to the 4am television informercials, I am now DESPERATE for a steam mop. Desperate. The only reason I didn't give Danoz a call at 4:13am and commit to 5 easy payments of $49.95 (& hey they pay the last payment for you, so it's really only 4) was because I am convinced in a few weeks I will find it cheaper online. Oh see, here one is $39.95. SOLD! To the lady with no life, covered in baby sneezes (less gross way of saying baby snot) who owns one of these and two of these. His and Hers, natch.

9 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Watching tv in the middle of the night can be very dangerous business!

MyVeryButton said...

Hi Sally! I am so interested in this steam mop too. I saw it few days ago on Morning with KA, just one question: do I have to vaccum my carpet before steam mop it?? Just wonder....

Trove said...

yeaaah! go, go, snuggies!

hope your lovely girl feels better soon! xx

Bec said...

please tell me you are joking right?! i paid $400 for a steam mop and used it once. it now lives at david's mums house so if you want to have a go, i can hook you up. as for the snuggies and ped egg, they kinda make me feel weird in the tummy, and definitely NOT in a good way! by the way, that photo of rubes is adorable, and i LOVE her knitted cardigan. tres cute! xx

mankie and frankston said...

your muppet is the cutest sweetest lil' muppet ever! how gorgeous!

potty mouth mama said...

How cute is Ruby?? Look at her bright beautiful eyes. Scout does the same thing with water, though thankfully she's mastering the art of the cup.

Aww she is so sweet. Sorry to hear she has a cold. Miserable.

As for the steam mop I am a big fan - no chemicals! But we have the yellow one.. think it's Kenwood. Not sure. But super good. Gets anything off the tiles.

As for Snuggies - are you for realz?

Thank you so much for all that Rocky goodness - am now exploring the links. You're the best. Thank you.xxx

RocketGirl said...

That's one cute Muppet!!

VintagePrincipessa.etsy

Chrissy Foreman C said...

great post! I love hearing about littlies ~ it's hard to imagine that one day long ago we were like that too!

MildlyCrafty said...

the snuggie cracked me up, when there's a group of people in the red ones they look like they're in some kind of religious cult, too funny (now I'm wondering if I could make my own, I have a big piece of brown fleece!)