Saturday, May 23, 2009

well hey

Oh, it's only 9:45pm on a Saturday night and I am pooped. An early start (again), Georgie had another trip to the vet and is now on a PRESCRIBED DIET and possibly tablets for the rest of his life for his sore leg. I guess his old adage of "I Live For Snacks" is outdated. Maybe the muppet can subscribe to that mantra. At least he is allowed 10 minute walks every day. Walks were banished at our last visit.









The Muppet is feeling a whole lot better. She wakes up with some sniffles, but is otherwise back to normal. She and I headed to Fitzroy to have lunch with our friend Gemma (& a ridiculous amount of cookie dough), although a visit to the Rose Street Market was cut short due to her vomiting all down the front of my sweater. Nice. I was already covered (literally) in dog hair after the vet visit, so that really completed my usual fashion statement. By the time I got home, I had added flour and mashed sweet potato and chickpea to the textures on my clothing, because see - I AM A GIRL YOU CAN TAKE ANYWHERE.

Those photos are from our bedroom this morning, which yes, does look like a Swedish sauna and that's the way we like it. She's 7 MONTHS TODAY PEOPLE. Still not a sign of teeth, but she is doing this worm crawl backwards to get where she wants to go, which is mostly towards George, as she is OBSESSED with him. She finds him hysterical. I just hope Georgie's patience and good nature holds.

This evening we took the whole family (& yes, this includes George) to the drive-in, which was SUPER-FUN, although I am suspicious that the drive-in is a bogan activity, if you count the number of mullets I saw there. Who cares, I think it's a sheer genius family activity, Rubes cuddled, ate, pretended she was driving, sang and then finally slept. George just slept. Dr-Mr ate a lot of junk food. I ate a sandwich and a Freddo Frog. Cheap, happy, much loved times.

Tomorrow, another sewing lesson. I know I showed you my zippered purse, but I have also made a zippered cushion and tomorrow some kind of tote that I must be SUPER CAREFUL with, as I am using gorgeous fabric I bought. Photos maybe. Oh and don't ask about my CRAFT ODYSSEY. It's halfway there and has been for weeks. UGH. What me, abandon something halfway through? AS IF. (& did you know I have 3 (yes, THREE) incomplete degrees? I think that officially adds up to a degree and a half, uh huh).

9 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

You are such the fashionista!
beautiful baby photos! What a little cutie! such pretty eyes and that smile...
The drive-in is fun when you can load up the kids, load up on food, people watch, and maybe even watch the movie.

Chrissy Foreman C said...

Oh, what a little angel you have there. She is precious! I love hearing your stories about Mummyhood - I recently married and we're looking at having kids soon too - it's great to hear someone who takes it all in good stride!

Bec said...

um, so again, this child. she is just delightful! look at those eyes, that smile. PRECIOUS.
so much fun to sew with you today, can't wait to attempt the next project.
your bag is VERY special, and lovely! xx

MelbourneVintage said...

she is absurdly cute!

Lauren said...

Ruby is ADORABLE! Can't wait to see the bag..the fabric is beautiful!

chunkychooky (Cath) said...

ahhhhhhhhh... the dappled sunlight on the bed photo shoot, I remeber it fondly when they couldn't escape so quickly...

Michelle said...

Ruby is so cute!

But poor Georgie! Hope he is feeling up to par soon.

Helen said...

I know everyone's said it, but those eyes (and lashes) just slaaaaaay me.

Katherine said...

Damn, Sal, she is SO GORGEOUS!

And you know for all your talk about not being creative, you're a really great photographer. Those pictures are just beautiful.