Tuesday, June 16, 2009

afterthought to the previous post.

Oh, one other thing I hate with going to the hairdresser and in particular a NEW hairdresser. I HATE small talk and I am SHY. Three different people (hairdresser, hairwasher and receptionist) all asked me if I have big plans for the weekend. I hate that question, I HAVE a 7 MONTH OLD BABY AND I AM THEREFORE A LOSER WHO DOESN'T GO OUT. Actually, Ruby is a good excuse. Dr-Mr and I are homebodies and didn't go out that much BEFORE having a baby. Maybe I sound less like a loser and more like one of the cool, hip parental suburbanites. The only place we go to in the evening is the supermarket, pizza shop, bottle shop or the drive-in. I don't know, any combination of those things makes me sound like a complete bogan.

9 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That's oh soooo true! I'm lucky enough to have a hairdresser that works from home on her days off, but I did take my nephew to get a haircut a couple of weeks ago and had to try to make small talk with a 16 year old girl who washed his hair and then a mid 50's bloke who cut it. Sheesh it was hard work.... I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Splendid Little Stars said...

Your post has made me smile, almost chuckle out loud. I hate that about the hairdresser, too. absolutely. I hate the question, "What's new?"

willywagtail said...

And how many times do they expect you to go overseas each year? I wish I could just fall asleep instead of having to make polite talk too. Cherrie

MildlyCrafty said...

I've had hairdressers ask me if I was going out tonight ... when it's Tuesday ... umm, no! I am not 20 any more, I hardly go out on a Friday or Saturday let alone a Tuesday!!

Cath from chunkychooky said...

hehehe, my hairdresser is great. as i live in a small town and she works from home we basically trade gossip- its hilarious!! When I met her she cut my hair the way I have wanted it for soooooooo long- she got it!!! i am so loyal to her notw its crazy.

leslie said...

i seriously could have written this post - except that i haven't had my hair cut since november. mae was 3 months old and the hairdresser asked me TWICE if i had plans that night. i was a total zombie from sleep deprivation and i'm sure she thought i was a complete, mumbling freak.

Piccolamia said...

Yes I totally agree! I'm shy also and hate all the small talk! When I go to the hairdresser I just want to sit there, relax and read their mags...even if they are years old!

Chrisy said...

I completely agree! Hate it! Am tempted to lie big time! Also just hate it when people begin a conversation with 'so what've you been up to'....um...uh...such an open question....

Dick and Dora said...

That's why I only have 2 haircuts a year. The man of the house goes more often and was very perplexed by the last visit when he was asked if he was going to "party hard" that weekend ...