Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Hotness, Weekends, Swapapalooza, you know, stuff.



Ok, so it's Sunday afternoon, all SWAPPERS have been emailed their swap-partners. Lordy, when I said I wanted 138 people, smack me around the head if I mention large numbers again. This swap sorting was way quicker than last time, but I think for future swaps I will make the limit 45 participants. Lucky and manageable slot numbers. (Oh and final player numbers were 35).

Wow, I just did a search for "tick" for the gloriously detailed image above and actually feel quite sick in my tum for all the images around it.


My feet are two blocks of ice. What a cold and fairly miserable weekend. I love the sunny winter days, Rubes and I head out for many long walks in the sunshine. It is one of our favourite things to do, we love it. We both hate being cooped up inside for too long.


Our drive-in plans were washed out, so Saturday night was spent in.

I am also seriously contemplating a posture support harness thing. Because did you think I could GET ANY HOTTER? Turns out I can. I am such a hunchback, after lugging around an 8 kilo baby all day, oh the breastfeeding boob extravaganza and just a general slumpy demeanor. I notice myself standing over the sink in a C shape. Noice. But seriously, is this:



Any worse than this?



I mean hey, they wore them in Ladette to Lady, right? Good posture is COMING BACK. Slow down bandwagon, I am jumping on. (Ok, there is no posture support bandwagon, I am trying to talk them up in the cool stakes. I think I will be the first person under the age of 64 to ever buy one)


Oh and in a sort of snuggie side note, if you want to terrify your pregnant and/or friends without kids, that childbirth is really like THAT scene from Alien, then I introduce you to the Peekaru. That kid looks like he is about to chew his way through at any time.

12 comments:

Leonie Guld said...

Ooooh the "Peekaru" has just freaked me out!!! lol, Its the most hilarious thing I have seen in ages.

Sophie Isobel Designs said...

Oh Sally! This post is so fabulous, it has made me laugh out load like a crazy woman in front of the computer screen. That last photo of so funny it is terrifying!
You are amazing!
Sophie x

CurlyPops said...

Aggggghhhh that Peekaru is just ugly scary!

Mama Mogantosh said...

I want a cuddly giant to carry me around in the Peekaru.

Cindy said...

Oh my - that Ruby is the CUTEST. Poppy is an outside one too, she loves and outing but my princess HAS TO WALK.

Swallowing Stars said...

Yeah, get the supporty thing, my friend at work (who's 25) wears it to stop slouching at the computer.. I think I need one too

Roisin said...

Holy Moly!
It's like crang from the Ninja Turtles! That is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Apart from you dancing of course.

MelbourneVintage said...

Have you seen the Scrubs episode where JD wears his onesie to the pub? The snuggie takes the onesie to a whole new level. I think the back straightener is quite a good idea - I am considering one. Cheaper than osteopath/pilates/nurofen...

pen said...

I can't believe in how many ways the peekaru is wrong......
1. it's in electric blue VELOUR
2. it strangely looks like a teletubby/alien gene mix
3. it is just scary
4. baby is thinking 'it started as a pimple on my bum'
5. is it actually a costume from Star Trek'?
6. it is just plain scary...................................................................................................................................
and that leopard print bra....... omg........

Cath from chunkychooky said...

that last image is just wrong- but I cannot stop laughing at it!!! the baby looks like a teletubby...honestly who would buy this other than for a joke!!!

Christina Lowry said...

That baby is going to jump out of Peekaru! I laughed and then I got the shivers. Eeeek, scary.

Look at the woman - surely not the childs mother, who would do that to a child? - she has a camera smile that says "I am bloody smiling, taking the ******* photo." Oh dear... what next?
:)

sarasophia said...

The Peekaru is BEST.


Sally Wins.


<3 sarasophia

P.S. I am bad as well....hubby didn't mail my swap box and it is still sitting in his dumb car from Thursday when I ASKED him to mail it. Sigh.
It will go out Monday cuz I'll take it meself.

The CD if I may say, is ace:)