Thursday, July 30, 2009

My week thus far


Gordon (who to confirm, is our next door neighbour's goat and is visiting our yard for a munch) chewed through his collar and escaped our fully fenced yard. Picture very-nearly-almost 33 year old LADY (I was going to say girl, but that is not right, woman feels MATRONLY and lady well, best of a bad bunch. You have to say it like LAYDEE though, as in a Beastie Boys HEY LADIES, GET FUNKY DING DING DING DING DING BUHBAHBUHBOW way)in a knee length denim skirt, knee high boots and a baby in a baby bjorn crawling over fences and through the neighbour's (that we don't know) gardens in an effort to find Gordon and put George's collar on him to take him back home.


I eventually found him a few doors down, on their back porch, eating their herb garden (now destroyed, sorry) so I put the collar and a leash on and walked him back down the street and back into our yard. A new leather collar for Gordon and he is now back and happy. He still loves a pat, scratch between the horns and bleats annoyed when I leave. Sorry Gordon, you SHOULD have a friend, but noone has enough land and Georgie is not ...well... good company for the non-humans. Let's leave it at that. He is an eating and pooping machine. I meant Gordon in that statement, but really, George too.

8 comments:

Bec said...

oh. my. god. i think i really do love gordon. he is delightful. it makes me sad that he doesn't have a friend...

Georgie Love said...

Hey is delightful! He is as tame as a doggy and follows me about whenever I am outside. I think he needs a friend too and I get very sad about it - it's why we were going to get a pair of minatures, but I am not sure if we would have the space, plus we are all a bit uncertain of where we will be living in the next 6-12 months, so it's just Gordon to come visit.

Pippi Langstrumpf said...

I think I want a pet goat. Gordon rocks.

Georgie Love said...

He is super handsome!

Jennadesigns said...

Aw... he's a cutie! My sister and her family had two pet goats. They were a blast! I saw "were" in the past tense because they had to be relocated a different home after they repeatedly used my sister's miniature sheep as launch pads and jumped over the pasture fence. Once out, they would chase my nephew around the yard and try and butt him (he was little then, about 3). They also always tried to eat the window screens on the house, pull them out and climb in the window! One succeeded once... shortly after that they got a new home! Goats are a riot! Glad you're enjoying Gordon!

Cath from chunkychooky said...

Oohhhh, we had goats when we first moved here- i loved them so much- they are the most magical of creatures- who else has rectangular pupils???!!! We had 2 boys as pets, Albertica Sparticus and Igby - ( Alby and Igby) they both had the chop ( so they didn't stink) and just use to eat grass, and lick there little salt licks and entertain us with there shenanigans and amazing escaping acts... we use to take them for walks around the property and they would run and jump with such excitement...we hand raised them from tiny little kids- so cute...bottles three times a day etc... woken up with the call muuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmm..... they died tragically and horribly and it was and will always be the most traumatic day of my life... I miss them... thankyou for reminding me of their specialness...

Maggie May said...

my friend owned a goat and it was impossible! georgie is cute, though. :) love your blog!

ClaireBee said...

aww Gordon, what a lovely face he has :)