Saturday, July 04, 2009

Saturdays

In the words of Kurt Cobain, I hate myself and I want to die. There is no other reason why I would go to IKEA by myself. On a Saturday morning. With a PRAM. I did spend $85 on 40,000 different things that I did not realise before that I could not live with out. DrMr is lucky that I only spent $85.

I also wanted to smack the lady in the face who beeped me to hurry up to leave my parking space as I unloaded my IKEA bag, nappy bag, child and took my pram apart to put it in the car. Obviously extraordinarily rude lady, you do not have children. Beeping in fact SLOWS ME DOWN. Well, encourages me to sit, take a bite of my subway sandwich, a sip of water and reapply my lip balm before turning on my vehicle to leave.

Other things of note.


Check out my library haul.






Cheese sticks are currently the finger food du jour. Well cheese sticks and all berries. In my next life, or even possibly next child, I vow not to buy a cream high chair. I really just didn't know.


This revolting thing is in my laundry sink. It freaks me out every time I see it, but I think I will be MORE frightened when I can't see it anymore. I hate to imagine it squished under my bare feet.

7 comments:

ck4eva said...

What the heck is that thing? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww creepy!!!

BTW, you should feel happy you have IKEA! We don't have it in NZ which doesn't help my IKEA addiction (that I started when living in Melbourne) one little bit. :( ... sense the jealousy?

Leonie Guld said...

Hey we are on the same ikea wave length. bad karma to the bipping lady, I usually wave and say hello, like they are my long lost friend. It totally freaks them out and drive off in a hurry!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Its so weird I found one of those the other day too. I think its this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scutigera_coleoptrata

Good news is that they don't bother humans and eats spiders. Bad news-it lives 3-7 years!

Melanie said...

Eww, that thing is creepy. Can't you just wash it down the plughole?!

I do that slowing down thing too, especially when tailgating me, it drives me nuts. Will probably get myself rear-ended one of these days!

(PS best 'captcha' word ever: UNGUNK)

Lexi @ PottyMouthMama said...

Dude, that thing is creepy. Might even be worse than my silverfish farm. I think it is worse because it has no name. Wash it down!

Rubes is growing up so quickly. How cute is she??? Love her sparkly eyes. Oh man, she is a heartbreaker.

Rude people. I would have slowed down and then some. Maybe I would have pretended I was a robot and required winding up again. That would have really got her honking. hahaheeehee hahahho.

Cath from chunkychooky said...

I am also a fan of the go-slow-when-beeped reaction. i have also been known to get back out of my car and pretend to get something out of the boot...hehehehe

Sarah said...

Yep, thats a centipede. terrifying and fascinating at the same time. I found one a few months ago in our shop, and honestly it made me want to jump up on the table and scream. so many legs, so fast! it was hard to catch.