Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Watermelons are happy things? Or make creepy faces.


Oh, like forever ago, the start of the month or sometime one of my favourites pottymouthmama nominated me for a watermelon award. I think. It was a blurry thing, but she has been having a shiteous month so I didn’t want to talk about happy things in the middle of her notsohappy things. But now I am at work, I have ANOTHER FREAKING COLD passed on by Ruby which kind of makes me want to hit myself in the head with a hammer, as our house of disease knows NO respite. Anyway, I need a distraction. From work and sneezing.

Plus I am terrible at these award things, if you have ever said anything nice to me and I have not responded, I am sorry. I put it on a list of things to do and then I get distracted by a bright shiny thing in the corner and I come back and focus and it’s 4 weeks later and I go “ohhh… well, that’s a bit late”, and I let it slide by, hoping no one will notice or be offended. A lot like emails, I always MEAN to respond and then it’s weeks later and I go, well if I respond now, it’s just ridiculous, better that they think that I am RUDE and FORGETFUL, rather than just LAX and ridiculously BUSY.-

Anyway, it’s a watermelon award, which I hope is not a statement on the size of my chest and more of an indication that I am a fairly bland and overrated fruit, with annoying pips to spit out. Or that I am completely sweet AND refreshing, that too, sure thing. Here are the 6 things that make me happy (in a random order of happy-making)


1. Breakfast makes me happy. It is my favourite meal of the day, due to its versatility. DID YOU REALISE that breakfast is the only meal of the three that can appropriately be a SWEET or SAVOURY dish (or a creative combo of the two). Go breakfast!


2. Music makes me happy. I am a big, big music fan. Sometimes I feel listening to music isn’t enough and I wish I could open up and swallow it to have it inside me.


3. Weekend mornings in bed with DrMr and The Muppet. No one is ready to get up yet, we are all drowsy and content. When they are both asleep (and Georgie snoring on the floor), I watch them - my little family. It's one of those times of uncomplicated happiness. I don't want for anything else.


4. I watch youtube clips when I am wrapping packages for Georgie Love to keep me entertained. At the moment it's old Graham Norton show clips. I loved the show when I was in the UK and occasionally I get to see it on the Comedy Channel. Very funny and silly. Much joy to be had.


5. Oh Meredith is not only famous for its amazing music festivals. Have you EVER had Meredith Feta? It's just like (have sat here 5 minutes trying to think of the most appropriate way to describe)... it's the creamiest, tangiest, most delicious thing that comes in a jar. If you have ever had a greek salad with that dry, crumbly, Styrofoam-like disaster, do yourself a favour and buy a jar. And then try not to eat it straight from the jar with little forks. Fortunately, a little bit goes a long way. Oh good god, it is to die for. Am salivating. Fortunately the cheapest place I have found to buy it is my usually completely over priced local supermarket. As this is my longest happy paragraph, you can tell I am serious folks.


6. This book makes me very happy. It's very bittersweet, I want to get one of the panels tattooed somewhere. Sometimes I am Chunky, but I am mostly Dandele.


I love Craig Thompson very much. Some of the most beautiful stories I have read have been in the form of graphic novels/comics. There is a whole lot more going on out there than superheros. I would lend you the books if you promised not to bend the pages.

I started picking 6 blogs to play along, but then I got tired and self conscious.

5 comments:

Thereisabuttonmissing said...

As I sat down to read your latest post I strangely had a piece of rye toast in my hand....with crumbled Meredith Goats Cheese spread on the top. I also am in love with the $12 a jar goodness.

Cath from chunkychooky said...

I am going to have nightmares about that watermelon face.

Georgie Love said...

That's exactly the look I was going for. :-D

Splendid Little Stars said...

Yeah, watermelon face pretty freaky. Pancakes, not at all. YUM!

Mama Mogantosh said...

That watermelon lady may be scary but at least she's trying to make the most of herself with a little fancy jewellery, and for that I commend her.