Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Briefly

Ok, quickly some things. The big things going on in my life at the moment...



1. Do you KNOW how disappointed I am that CostCo is at Docklands? You can bet your ass I would be there with a massive trolley buying 20 litre buckets of peanut butter. Not only would I be there, but I would be joyful, celebratory and photographing my whole adventure. You know me and that I LOVE bargains. And buying in bulk it seems. Am tempted to join and go anyway, but I am sure the 70 odd km drive (ONE WAY!) would get the better of me eventually. And so I mourn. Unless you want to come with me and make a day of it? Hmmm? No? Oh.

No vat of peanut butter for us then. I know I would love CostCo. I would be hyperventilating and buzzing like a junkie for a fix. Lordy, it's a match made in heaven. I'd be one of those those people hysterical screaming and making a scene.


2. FINALLY booked in for a haircut/colour. I didn't go with any local choices so alas, it will be a 60km trek to Greville St on Friday, but no regrets. I am going for a CHANGE. My cut is short and fairly terrible at the moment (due to it's need for a cut. not due to the cut I had last time), so there will be no big change there, but I am changing from dark brown to something else. I am not being vague and mysterious, but that will be the brief for the colourist "not blonde, but not dark brown either".

3. I am SO unmotivated at the moment, it's chronic. Gahhhhhhhh.


4. Ruby has started clapping her hands, it's the cutest thing ever. She applauds everything now - if I pour her a glass of water "clapclapclap". She knows how to lift spirits that one.

9 comments:

Pippi Langstrumpf said...

Cute Ruby!!

Hope you post some pics of the new you! Good luck!

Tina said...

Beware of bleach at the hairdressers, is all I'm saying. It burns burns burns! And don't go to a drive-through car wash...
Sending the skirt of awesome back today. Difficult to part with it. Shedding tears.

Veronica Darling... said...

Diamond rings at a supermarket? Costco was on the news up here in Sydders, but mostly because our town won't be getting one for ages and Sydney media disgruntled at the company for choosing Melbourne!

I'll have to stick to my bulk shops at Campbell's Cash and Carry instead!

Hee hee!

PottyMouthMama said...

Love the clappy clap hands - she's a happy clapper, I am a fan of happy clappers too. By jingoes I love clappers.

Hair - exciting. I'm psyching myself up for a shorter 'do. But I'm not there yet. I still lovin' my long tresses.

Costco. I love a bargain too. But I can't drive that far for my groceries either. Though I would LOVE a day out with you.

PottyMouthMama said...

I just commented.. Did it go through??!

Aussie-waffler said...

If you find your motiviation anywhere can you check and see if mine is there too. I feel so irresponsible losing it.

Mama Mogantosh said...

I am a fan of happy clappers too. Ivy has started to say 'You are SO GOOD at that, Mummy.' (Squeezing orange juice, cracking eggs, etc..) Yuo gotta love a little tiny-person affirmation.

Good luck with the hair.

leslie said...

dude, i can't believe i finally found someone who is as excited about costco as i am!! i would totally meet you there for a maiden voyage around the aisles, babies in tow : )

Georgie Love said...

Hey Leslie, seriously, you want to? :-D