Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm thinking of having a party and I think you should come.

For the crazy animal people out there, I totally enjoyed the story from my friend Ms Erin about her crazy cat Chicken. And while I do love all animals (with the exception of one tiny fluffy dog, who shall not be named as relations of the owners do read this blog), cats are not my favourite. Not least because I am terribly allergic to them and as a child we had a cat named Merle, who would sneak into my room at night and INSIST on sleeping on my head, causing me to wake to with red eyes, sneezing and hives. Stupid cats.


Ok, so you know I am and ideas person, right? And I like to commit to a ridiculous amount of things. So I was thinking of having a clothes swapping party as a part of the Party for Strays fundraiser for Lort Smith Animal Hospital. I WOULD have it at home, but I would have to clean (blech), I am hoping more people would come than would fit in my house and I live 60kms out of the city. I was thinking if everyone brought all the clothes they didn't like or didn't fit into any more, paid $5 or $10 (with receipt - tax refundable) to come and possibly bought a plate, we could raise money, all have a play date in-person meet up AND update the wardrobe. WINWINWINWIN Would you come? If we got enough people interested (you come, bring your friends and the like), I could do some research and try and find somewhere bigger... arrange change rooms (champagne). Then also if there were people who couldn't come, they could still donate. Lort Smith do brilliant work.


Let me know if you would like to come (I am thinking on a Saturday afternoon in September) so I can work out numbers and I will get on to it. Good? Good. Also, if it gets big, and it could, let me know if you would be willing to help out in some way. Hurrah!

10 comments:

Tina - Melbourne Vintage said...

I am super-duper there! What a great idea - thanks for organising this. I am happy to help out if you need someone driving things around/baking things/other things. Will there be dogs available for cuddling with strangers? I need some downtime with a borrowed dog! I miss my dog!

Fiona said...

I currently work on Saturdays, but as I just quit (D:) this could change! Can I link to this in my blog, as I have lots of Lort Smith fans and volunteers who read it?

Also you're awesome, just as a general statement.

Georgie Love said...

Hooray for quitting! Quitters are winners too!

Of course, the more the merrier = more money donated. I think if people invite people and work people, that equals in my maths speak, a lot of people. I am sure I could find a hall somewhere to be donated if it got that big. I work for a uni, there are halls and rooms there that I could use with some persuasion even. Yup.

YOU are the awesome. In all your fancy awesomeness.

Fiona said...

Aw, shucks. I'm not the one organising something, I am just the person who says, "What was that? An excuse for another blog! Well, if you insist!" Anyway, I shall do it. Also, upon rereading, my big claim of "lots" could mean more like "three". Ahem.

Angela said...

What a fantastic idea, pity I'm stuck doen here in Tassie, hang on, I'll just blow up my rubber dinghy and I'll be there! :-)

Linda said...

this is a wonderful thing you are doing I wish I could come too but hey, it's a bit too cold for swimming that far, hope it goes well!! My daughter has just done the RSPCA Cupcake Day and it feels so good to be trying to help all the little creatures out there

Bec said...

i am pretty sure i don't need to formally comment on this blog to let you know that i am totally up for it! sounds like an awesome plan. let me know if i can help out with any organisation. also, there is a hall on my estate which i can investigate if necessary...eeek, this is exciting. although, the whippet babies may need to stay home...too much stimulation makes for very disobedient puppies.

pepper said...

what a GREAT idea! I saw the party for strays website a while ago and was thinking of doing it, Good luck with yours its an awesome cause!

Anonymous said...

I'm doing this!! Sept 19. It's a great cause, so you should definitely do it. And if the date didn't clash we could support each others! I'm having it at a local dog park so there will be lots of dogglies to love :)

Cindy said...

As long as hubby isn't working, then for sure. Even if he is I can bring the kiddies then even better