Tuesday, October 06, 2009

an ordinary Tuesday

It's a fairly miserable Spring day here in the hills, 14 degrees in the city so about 11 or 12 here. It's been hailing on and off for hours


We are hanging out inside, putting new things on Georgie Love, playing around and eating all the toys, trying to prevent the baby from roughing up Georgie dog or destroying DrMr's books.


I went outside to put some rubbish in the recycling bin, and there in the drive way is a peacock. A PEACOCK. What?


He was fairly spectacular.


Hello Giant Blue Birdy (Bec, it was probably lucky you didn't visit today!)


He visited for a while and then wandered off. Are peacocks lucky? I am going to assume yes. A random peacock in your yard is a lucky sign.

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Is it just me or does Ruby get cuter every time I see her - perhaps you aren't the best person to ask a non-biased opinion of. I think surely a peacock visit has to be good luck

Cherry said...

Oh my goodness a peacock in your yard! That is amazing!

Leonie said...

He was beautiful and Rubes looked fascinated. Anything that beautiful has to be lucky!

Thereisabuttonmissing said...

I want a random peacock in my backyard. All I get is the neighbours goat gnawing on my newly planted natives!

Mama Mogantosh said...

Lookey them beautiful blue eyes on that baby of yourn. She's quite the peacock herself. I had a whole gang of chickens visit this week. Maybe the birds are all on the move?

sophie said...

What a sweet little girl, love the first pic! How's that peacock!! That's awesome.

Jodes said...

Wow what an amazing treat to see in your own backyard!

Tina - Melbourne Vintage said...

Hills: 1
City: 0

Who wants lattes and trams when you can have a PEACOCK!!! I used to pay to see them in the zoo!

m.e (Cathie) said...

ohhh, what a great visitor, love it! what a great day for your gorgeous girl.