Friday, November 13, 2009

SO HOT, I DIED

Hi there, obviously my new thing is NOT POSTING, that's because somewhere in the week I collapsed in a hot and tired heap and could not be roused with cold glasses of champagne, lemon-lime gelati or even promises of cool, un-child-filled, showers. But I have finally SCRAPED myself off the floor and am back propped up at my desk. It's been busy, I've been tired. We had Rubes first birthday last weekend and ALAS I took no real photos of note on the day, there are some but I haven't sorted through them to find some non-blurry ones and the day after I had a presentation thingy to give at Craft Vic on selling online and then after those two big (slightly stressful events), I was too tired to form a cohesive sentence to anyone.


Here is one photo taken after the party, every one has gone home, we were tidying up and Rubes appears to be sitting in her party dress, in a big puddle of water on the floor, eating watermelon. Fortunately that dress was remarkably wash and wear and is in good condition to come out again at Christmas. Party itself was good fun, lots of our lovely friends were there, Rubes had a great time and was thrilled that there was a never-ending stream of people to push her on her swing. Am very glad I don't have to think about entertaining again for ANOTHER YEAR.

Gosh.

Other news from this week: I met Map29 at Craft Vic and she is super-lovely, our aircon is broken the repairman keeps putting us off and I want to punch him in the face as it's 29 degrees at night in Ruby's room, Georgie Love is officially in Christmas rush.


But we are leaving on Tuesday next week for here. For 5 nights. Ok, yes with a child so it's not as ROMANTIC as it could be, but Ruby deserves a holiday too. Georgie is having a holiday with my friend Lucy, which HE LOVES as he spends 99% of his time BEING PETTED AND SPOONED. No joke, he doesn't want to come home from there when we go pick him up, he sighs and trudges out to the car.


Oh, wait you wanted to see more of our FORTHCOMING HOLIDAY? We apparently have an oceanside apartment, which means this is our view.

More sooner, rather than later. OBVIOUSLY need to go slap on some fake tan.

3 comments:

Tina - Melbourne Vintage said...

but the website says 'just come as you are'! No fake tan needed. It looks sooo nice. Have a gorgeous holiday!!!

Vic said...

Ooooooh, your holiday desination looks lurvly... I am more than an eensy bit jealous.

That shot is THE perfect birthday photo, in my opinion, you can tell she's had the time of her life...!!!

Virginia said...

The birthday photo is awesome. I am deeply impressed.

You must be exhausted.

And your holiday spot looks amazing.