Friday, November 06, 2009

unneccesary purchases part 1.


I break my RADIO SILENCE which is for no good reason, other than busy-ness and work malaise to tell you that I made the absolutely unnecessary purchase of babushka measuring cups. I nearly bought 2 sets because I thought they would soon sell out quickly (which they did, more coming soon apparently), but although I could think of 100 different people to give them to, there was no good reason for the time and which of those friends would be my lucky favourite with the cups? So now just my set sits on my windowsill in the kitchen waiting for the next baking session, which was going to be carrot cake as I have some sad carrots, but alas no time at the moment.

P1130326

This little one here is 1 on Sunday. I have already started decorating the house. It is going to be RIDICULOUS. The amount of decorations (many) do not correspond with the size of the party (smallish). I said to DrMr, are all these decorations, too much, too froufrou? He said no, as it's a party for a one year old, it is impossible for it to be too much. I love that man.

1 Day Old.  Tiny! Day 1 in the world

She was once VERY small. Where has the year gone?

13 comments:

Fiona said...

Me and my mostly dormant cluckiness find pictures of men holding babies to be UPSETTING, thank you very much.

Happy birthday in advance, Ruby! You are the cutest, even if your parents make you live in a bucket.

A Life So Peachy said...

I almost bought quite a few sets too... I am hoping santa might bring me a set. Maybe I should just buy them anyway? (Peter's of Kensington still have some...)

And BIG Congratulations and happy 1st birthday to gorgeous little ruby (or not so little!)

Leonie said...

Happy Birthday little Ruby hope you have a great Party!!

Congratulations Mum on surviving the first year, you decorate all you want, as they get older they start demanding all sorts of things, enjoy it while you can!

Mama Mogantosh said...

Happy 1st birthday, Ruby-cakes. You are what my mother-in-law would call a cutie fruity. But I want those cups!! And lovely pic of DrMr, by the way. Is he an academic by chance? He's got that gentle egghead look about him. xx

Georgie Love said...

Mama M, that's hilarious, you pegged him perfectly - he is an academic indeed. Psychology.!

avocadoandlemon said...

Happy Birthday Ruby!

Pod said...

Happy birthday to the beautiful Ruby Rock who has the most amazingly beautiful eyes I have ever seen xx

Aussie-waffler said...

Arghh, she gets me every single time with that most gorgeous little face. Happy 1st Birthday Miss Ruby, you delectable little butter bean you. x

PottyMouthMama said...

Ok can you just stop it. I get teary enough as it is at ridiculous things without you telling me the illegal story of a wee beautiful baby turning 1. DO YOU KNOW I CALL MY ALMOST TWO YEAR OLD MY NEWBORN??? Well I do. It's shameful I know. But I hate how babies grow so fast. Go wild with the decorating. She'll only be 1 once. Happy Birth-day mama. xxx

nineteen toes said...

Happy Happy Birthday Ruby! Hope you're enjoying it enormously whilst finding yourself in awe of all the decoration-preparation that went into making your day! xx

Tina - Melbourne Vintage said...

we want party pictures, we want party pictures, party pictures is what we want! Happy Birthday Ruby!

Cath from chunkychooky said...

Yaaayyy!!! happy birthday Rubes!!! woot woot!! gawd, she was such a pretty little newborn... so sweet... ahh... cluck cluck cluck... hmmmm. by the way- I think you need to redefine that term unnecessary- those measureing cusp are totally necessary. I baked for the first time EVER on the weekend (see blog for newsflash) and I can see now that i was clearly being held back... by a lack of baboshka measureing cups...

Claire said...

I just bought a set - pre order. I couldn't resist! x