Sunday, January 17, 2010

hello slightly weird


Just spending a surprisingly cold afternoon playing around with some new Georgie Love postcard ideas... but not sure of the legality with using vintage photos, the ojar mills studio (google tells me nothing) and the like, so it will probably go no further than this. But in the meantime, HA! This makes me want to do a whole series of photos of Georgie and I frolicking through the ages. Last year was all about having a baby and the year before was all about being pregnant and the year before THAT was all about Georgie Love. So I think it's time again this year to focus some time and energy back into Georgie Love. I have lots of ideas and just need to start working out implementing them all.

8 comments:

Mama Mogantosh said...

Is it wrong that I am attracted to that dogman? He looks reliable and steady, like he takes his responsibilities seriously, and yet can still laugh gently at his own foibles. There's a sadness there. I want to know more of his heart...

PottyMouthMama said...

Sally this is ACE! I wonder if vintage copyright is the same as normal photos... ? As long as there are no faces, who's to say that you don't own that same top?? There's nothing to identify them - so I think you can go for it. But then again, I'm not a lawyer.. HMMM>

But i do so love this!!

Cath from chunkychooky said...

I love the postcards! Do it! i thought the same as PMM- no faces so its ok?? maybe?

Bee the Comics Widow said...

The photo is by Olan Mills and it's a portraiture company in the USA. My hub is from Tennessee and we have some pics of his grandparents done by the same place. That yellow top is killer :D

ClaireBee said...

That picture is awesome! More I say!

Virginia said...

That photo is hilarious!

The studio is Olan Mills, and I think they're still in business. (just googled, they are)

Anyway, the copyright depends on the country that you're in. I just asked a copyright lawyer friend of mine. She said in the US it's totally dependent on a bunch of factors, but has no idea what the laws in Australia are.

Tina - Melbourne Vintage said...

Love it. Will stay tunes - if you are planning on selling any bridal fasc-ee-naytors any time soon let me know!

Fiona said...

Oh, so completely fantastic! Have you considered a career in photoshop, or offering to do that for your friends? Er, not that I want that type of pose with me and Theo, that would be ridiculous. He looks terrible in plaid.