Friday, January 29, 2010

a sort of swapsies


I'm not planning a Swapapalooza any time soon (but I might do something with cds, I am feeling music at the moment), but did you know that Fat Mum Slim is doing something very similar with HAPPY MAIL? It's close and everyone loves a package in the mail, so maybe you would like to sign up along with me? yay!

There is this vintage store in Kallista not far from my house, well it's kind of a collectible store really, opposite a VINTAGE COOKBOOK SHOP (!), can you believe it? Anyway DrMr, the kidlet and I were in there a week or two ago (I broke my no-spend January rule by buying two japanese ceramic figurines (a duck and um, another duck), but they were only $13 for the two and I think no spend January specified buying nothing NEW for the month and obviously, these are not new) and for one of those collectible kind of stores, it had awesome stuff cheap. And while I was in there, I was thinking of all the blogger people I consider friends (you) and in my head bought presents for you all, secretly posted them, you loved them and we all lived HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

Obviously, my mind could be filled with loftier things. And I need to stop considering my time blogging and visiting other blogs and reading and commenting as social outings. That's an arm and not a deformed foot. And don't I have lovely penmanship?

3 comments:

Cath from chunkychooky said...

Buyting second hand doesn't count in the no spending rule me thinks.

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Thanks for the mention Sally. I'm glad you're joining in! x

Megan said...

i really do love your fantastic paintbrush images.. i don't know why, but they really just work. beautiful penmanship - one pen license coming your way, how exciting being able to upgrade from pencil!!