Wednesday, February 10, 2010

hello nasty

Oh this week has not been fab, DrMr and I have been dealing with some fairly hideous work stuff going on (not Georgie Love of course, his biggest bugbear is that I am not sharing enough sandwiches with him)*.


BUT in good news, I got the Janome that I found in hard rubbish serviced ($86.50, yep through that brilliant man in Tecoma) who says it's a BRILLIANT machine and is sewing beautifully and I pick it up this afternoon, which I am excited about. I just now need to learn how to use it. Apparently it even has two extra stitches (overlock and feather stitch) which aren't listed on the machine, a quirk of the model. I tried to explain that I understand straight and vaguely zig-zag, so these are wasted on me, but he has done like a sample stitchy sheet thing for my viewing pleasure.


And FINALLY, I am drawing the winner of the BRUSSELSPROUTS giveaway on Monday, so if you haven't entered yet and you would like to win a piece of your choice (in the size of your choice, obviously!) then get to it!

Oh I need to take a photo of what I have been making in my slightly underwhelming ceramics class But reason I love DrMr #45567 - I showed him some ceramic ducks I made by hand for Rubes (who is OBSESSED with ducks) and he admired them and said very seriously "they look great, THEY LOOK LIKE THEY MUST HAVE BEEN VERY DIFFICULT TO MAKE". Hahahahahahaah, no, but I love the enthusiasm and support, even if my duckies are a little lame.

(* note: we are ok, we are both still employed, we are just forced to deal with some unpleasant issues which are never fun, but all too common in the workplace. But I may be taking a little bloggy break to look after my family)

7 comments:

Melbourne Vintage said...

Sorry to hear that - hope it gets sorted soon. Let me know if you need to escape to the beach hut. xx

frankie and ray said...

Ach, I'll never understand workplace hideousness...BUT, I am very envious of your sewing machine find. How wonderful to have an overlock stitch! Truly!
Happy sewing!

Mama Mogantosh said...

Oh, bad news that the work turkeys have been getting you down. But an unexpected overlocker stitch! That's a boon...sounds like you need one. Hope the week picks up. xx

ensparkle ceramics said...

hope workplace karma fairies sort everything out!

Looking forward to seeing the ceramics...

Helen x

Cindy said...

Hope all the yucky stuff goes away real quick! I am impressed with your new amchine all ready to go - woo hoo

Fiona said...

Aw boo, I know how much work dramaaaz can start to infect the rest of your life. I hope all goes well and anyone who's making your life hard goes on an extended vacation somewhere really far away, finds love with a local and stays there for all eternity. (I discovered wishing horrible things upon people never works so I am trying for nice-but-away-from-us things.)

Leonie said...

Exciting news about the sewing machine. Especially that a service was all it required. What a bonus. The work stuff....not so good, I hope it resolves in a nice way for you both.