Monday, March 22, 2010


All I am pretty much doing at the moment is cleaning for our house that NO ONE WANTS TO COME SEE, LET ALONE BUY. I think I have realised how much maintenance a clean and tidy house routinely requires and I have to say that I am learning to embrace mess. A clean house is so overrated. So I am just cleaning and ignoring all the other things I should be thinking about (Georgie Love is turning 4 in less than a month and I have no ideas or excitment, DrMr is having a birthday in a month and I am usually SUPER ORGANISED, but have no ideas this year, I think I used up all my ideas at Christmas), I have a lot of work to catch up on, emails to respond to and I am just meh about it all. We've been watching season 4 of Entourage and I am reading this.


I never used to be a fan of short stories and if you asked me now, I would still probably tell you that I wasn't a fan of short stories, but I am loving this. Me and You and Everyone We Know is one of my favourite films and Miranda July is just lovely. I think I have one story to go and that makes me sad. I have enjoyed her little melancholy and off-beat world. I think you should read it too, maybe your library has it.


Even though she looks like she has just had a crying fit and is on the verge of a panic attack in her otherwise lovely author photo on the book.

5 comments:

m.e (Cathie) said...

ohh yeah, a mess free house is so very overrated.
goodluck!

p.s word verification... "dirti"
that is hilarious!

Fiona said...

Oh, oh, Miranda! I just want to come into that picture and tell you everything will be fine, but then perhaps I will roll you for your dress so maybe that's not such a good idea.

Otherwise, :( on the other fronts. Good luck. I think you should get DrMr one or all of these things, of which many are ridiculously expensive but not in Fantasy Land:

1. An iPhone (though warning: he will not talk to you again, like I never talk to...uh...that guy I live with...I want to say Craig?)
2. A record player and/or some vinyl
3. A Ticketek voucher to go and see some band that he likes but maybe you don't
4. Big Bang Theory seasons one and two on DVD
5. A magazine subscription, because really magazines are hard to justify unless you're me buying Empire
6. A tagine
7. New shoes (I just asked Chris what he wants, that's what he said; apparently he also has a list on Notes that catalogues all the comics he wants too)
8. The book "Working with Monsters" by John...uh...Someone
9. A card, and write inside it, "If you were a booger, I'd pick you!" which is the greatest pickup line I have learned all day
10. A bowling ball with "Sally" engraved on it

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

She looks like she has just wee'd her pants.....

Toni Brockliss said...

I was just reading your comment on PMM's site and I live a stone's throw from you. In Upwey.
If you ever would like a night out, I would happily look after your little baby, so you could have a movie date or something.
x

mama bear said...

Oh I love that book. My favourite is the swimming lesson story. So beautiful.

Don't worry that you only have one left... it's one of those books that will never fail to satisfy you every time you pick it up.