Monday, April 12, 2010


So. Today is Georgie Love's 4th birthday, officially. And all I feel is tired and blah today. I would say officially, I am underwhelmed.

I haven't talked about this too much in the blog, but we've all had a really tough year so far in 2010. I am just a kind of "get on with it" person and just push through, but DrMr had some godawful (and continuing) work dramas involving a bully that has made us rethink our plans for the next couple of years and things are still up in the air and unresolved. He has had a stress-related illness from it all. I don't like talking about all this sort of stuff. DrMr says it's a miracle we ever got together as I am a) appalling on the phone, which is a lifeline between new couples and b) very early on I once stated that I didn't want to talk about the past... or the future, or heck - even the present. So alas, my otherwise adorable nature how to WORK DOUBLE TIME to convince him to invest some time in me. And hey, I won!

So, all that with the house, working, family, GL. I am TIRED and I know I will regret in a few months, not doing more to celebrate a monumental milestone (did you know Georgie Love was Australia's first handmade webstore?), but for now I just want a goddamn nap. And a cup of tea. And a big jar of Nutella with a clean spoon.

But in GOOD news, we got an offer on the house on Saturday, but we don't yet know what it is. They are anticipating 1, maybe 2 more offers today and will present them all to us when they have them. I feel remarkably relaxed about it and not at all DESPERATE TO KNOW, which is odd for me. I hate surprises. I think because once we accept that offer we have the reality of needing to find somewhere else to live, but first we have to decide where we want to live. Maybe not Melbourne for now, we would love a fresh start somewhere new, we obviously need to make some decisions... and well, find jobs elsewhere.


Other things - we've started this. Rubes is only 17 months, so for now we are only sitting on the potty (it plays music), sometimes with pants on, sometimes not which is a fun thing for her as it leads to MEGA APPLAUSE. We are watching mum and dad on the toilet (mostly Mum, Dad is shy) and waving bye-bye to the wees as they flush away. She is FASCINATED and will tell me as soon as she has done poo so she is becoming aware of it. We won't try anything else until 18 months, so we are just getting used to it all now - very, very relaxed and slow.

She is becoming AWESOME to put to bed, she asks for her bottle (we will move to sippy cup once we move and things settle down), picks up her grobag and hands it to us to put on and then points upstairs when she wants to go to bed. We ask her "Do you want to go to bed Ruby?" she does and emphatic nod and then says Nigh-nigh, blows kisses and goes to bed. Easy. Sorry, but it's a delight.


FINALLY, if you have read this far, there IS something good in it for you. To celebrate birthday 4, if you place an order between now and the end of April you could win a $100 voucher. AND if you use the code birfday, you will get a whole 15% off your entire order. YAY!

11 comments:

Fiona said...

Daylight savings has now started, which brings with it nothing but happiness and tea and warm cuddles and kicks the stupid early part of the year in the head. Happy Birthday, Georgie Love! You and yours are excellent people, and don't deserve this. It will end. Hugses.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Happy birthday georgielove. I am sorry to hear DrMr has been bullied- they are particularly bad in work places... some big changes ahead- always exciting!!!
Must be a good time to post nude pics of your children...

Georgie Love said...

Your busy-bath photo definitely encouraged me, made me feel better about a nudie rubes!

Melbourne Vintage said...

Poor thing. Morgwn was bullied out of a job in London - ended up 15 kilos lighter, on anti-depressants, unable to do anything, and let's just say I couldn't leave him alone for too long. There's a light at the end - but I fully empathize. It's important for people to know that men aren't exempt from workplace bullying and related mental illness and physical pain AT ALL. It's horrid! I feel for your man. xx

Jodes said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Even though things are tough you spread the love without even knowing it. Thanks so much for sharing all the handmade goodies that you do. Things will get better.

frankie and ray said...

I'm adding my good wishes to all the others. Good, bad, up, down. Life is such a roller coaster...
No practical help, but lots of love to you! Oh, and Happy Birthday GL, my how you've grown!
xx

Mama Mogantosh said...

Gorgeous photo, gorgeous family, gorgeous website, gorgeous doggie. The wheel will turn soon Sal, and you will be on top. In the meantime it sounds like you, Rubes and DrMr are pulling together through a tough phase- good for you. That's the best job you can do.

Feel angry at bastard bullies! Hope that sorts itself out soon. Life is not always easy for the gentle-hearted in the work environment. Hugs to hime too.

Congrats on entering pottyland! How fun. Ivy drove me to madness with her antic during that time, but god, it was fun. Guess I'm weird like that.

CurlyPops said...

Happy Birthday to Georgie Love - definitely the original and the best!
Sorry to hear about the dramas though... My fingers are crossed for an amazing offer.

Erin said...

i know it's not your way to share big hard things that are going on--i'm so, so glad you did, letting your other peeps come to make you feel a bit better about it all. you're almost over the hump! better times are on the way, sweetcake. xoxox

Sam [good mum hunting] said...

Sorry to hear your partner is going through a tough time...Hang in there...

xx

Cathy {Tinniegirl} said...

You know I remember reading an article about you in the paper many, many years ago and I was so inspired by what you were starting back then. Congrats to you Georgie Love.

I hope everything else settles down soon. Bullies are the worst, especially the grown up ones.