Sunday, May 23, 2010

sick as a dog


seriously.  So SICK.  WORST COLD EVER.  I have resorted to drinking a little wine this evening as it's the only thing putting me to sleep and numbing the aches (yes, shhhh short term relief for long term misery).  I have a new staff member starting tomorrow and have to go in to the Uni office, or else there will be nothing for them to do.  Even if I turn up, throw some work at them and come back to bed.  THANKS RUBY, GERMIEST CHILD IN THE UNIVERSE.  I took a week off work last week to look after her (worst cold ever) and now I NEED SOME TIME HOME FOR ME.  DrMr is now juggling two whingey high-needs ladies.

ALSO, the house sale fell through, which due to the number of finance-related extensions, was not a surprise, but I am having HOUSE CLEANING anxiety for the first OFI again next weekend.  Poo poo wees plops and all the other child-friendly expletives.

This looks good for Melbourne dog lovers.  I am thinking of going in so much I can think of doing anything other than cry, sneeze or complain at the moment.


Hope your weekend was jollier!  My child is now occupying herself by throwing random objects down the stairs.  Thank goodness she is doing something other than wipe her nose on my shoulder.

4 comments:

Posie Patchwork said...

Get well soon!! Flu sucks, thankfully/ mercifully i have avoided for many years. Shudder to think of being that sick again. Can you take your new employee home with you to make chicken soup?? Plump your pillow & massage your aches while you watch your daytime 'stories' or atleast Oprah?? Love Posie

Vic said...

Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger!!!!!!

I hope you feel better soon, that wine is just the medicine my dear, and 'UGH' to more house cleaning & peeps tromping through your house, but I hope it all goes to plan...

Fiona said...

Oh no, you poor bear! I am on the couch surrounded by snotty tissues and feeling crappy also but I'm not at worst cold status, so wish you all the best. Bad news + colds = NO FAIR. I hope work today wasn't too bad and the new coworker immediately made you a hot lemon tea. Otherwise, I vote for a firing to make you feel better.

running thread said...

Hoping you have a better day tomorrow and a really excellent day by Wednesday!