Saturday, October 23, 2010

Secrets! Not very important ones, mind you.

It's Saturday afternoon, a little too early to pour a glass of wine while Ruby is napping and I am working.  I am sitting here listening to Of Montreal and editing photos I took yesterday of some new stuff for Georgie Love.  I mostly use iphoto for photo editing (shameless mac user), but my favourite and EASIEST photo editing software is picnik. It's an online program and free (I have a paid account though), but look what I can do.

BEFORE, FRONT PORCH PHOTO STUDIO MAGIC




AFTER, WOW, IS THAT A PROFESSIONAL STUDIO SHOT?

DID YOU EVER REALISE HOW VERY GLAMOROUS IT IS BEHIND THE SCENES AT GEORGIE LOVE?

Seriously, if I wasn't so lazy, I would use picnik for everything - my photos would look 100% better.  Maybe I should try. (ps: this is totally not any kind of paid endorsement - it's just a rad site and if you ARE selling things online as I know a lot of readers do - it's worth it to get your pictures looking as ace as you can.

They have themed things to play with seasonally ( I showed this picture to DrMr and the only thing he could say was "you don't look very happy"... and I said "really?  That's the only thing you can say about this picture??????????? I have fangs, not to mention my gaping NECK WOUND")  Here I am relaxing with a cup of tea at home.


Or you can be a cheaty-cheater and make yourself look LOVELY AND NATURAL in about 5 minutes  flat.



The original was actually taken sans make-up this morning and is so hideous that I am too ashamed to post it.  But it is a FAR CRY from the above picture.  I was also trying to go for neutral face, not snotty and pissed off.

Meanwhile, my arm is sore from so much clickity-click from the mouse.  Enough procrastination, I really have so much to do, so better GET BACK TO IT.

10 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I get really bored and lazy with the product photography for my shop. I really should try harder....sigh!
All that clickity clicking just kills me.

samanthacurrie.com said...

Love the software but what I really want is that skirt!!! :D

Virginia said...

Your sense of humor kills me. Every time you post I'll be sitting here reading it and giggling/snickering/laughing hard and my husband isall "what?" and Imall "It's this blog...crafty thingys...funny..."

aaaaaaaanyway, my mother had that problem too. She couldn't do neutral face. She always looked pissed off when she tried.

Although I think in the last photo you look more china doll than pissed off.

Melbourne Vintage said...

I love your hair! I think I'll need to get mine chopped off again after seeing your pic!

Vic said...

Ah, I adore picnik! Nice fangs, by the way. ;)

Megan said...

picknick is the bomb, love it! i also have a similar 'studio setup' of big pieces of white card backdrop! hehe

Little Ted Canvas said...

Oh, wow clever! Gorgeous skirt too..

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I am with you- I love picnik- I use it for my photos too- when I can be bothered. x

ambette said...

Haha, that's pretty close to my 'pro studio'!

Steph said...

Love the skirt as well! The 2 pics are really funny :) In a normal day, I'd say I'm mostly the 1st picture hahaha