Friday, February 18, 2011

Car Music

I am getting a little tired of our usual kid's music in the car, fortunately Rubes understands about taking turns, so we listen to a cd of hers, and then a cd of mine.  For her we have a few things covered - all 3 Justine Clarke cds, a couple of Yo Gabba Gabba soundtracks, a Charlie and Lola soundtrack, the Waybuloo soundtrack (which is beyond hellish, it's awful), and one or two others I have seemed to blocked out.  What do you listen to?  We need something new.  I have downloaded some sweet ones from itunes, but they are a little too twee - even for me and Rubes won't have a bar of them.


Rubes is obsessed with this song by Laura Marling though - we all love her.  She likes to sing along (without really knowing the words), but feels a little self conscious about it, if I turn to smile at her while it's on, she will cover her eyes and say "go away Mummy!".  BUT if you have never heard a two year old attempt a falsetto... well, you are certainly missing out on one of the most joyfully sweet and hilarious things in the whole world.

7 comments:

Mama Mogantosh said...

Dan Zanes? Elizabeth Mitchell? Dan first. He is my hero. Also Mary Poppins soundtrack.

little love said...

No kiddies music for us thank god! My girls love Gaga, City & Colour & Tim Armstrong's(Rancid) solo album. But I'm thinking I might get the Charlie & Lola soundtrack - I never knew there was one!

teddybearswednesday said...

Love that Ruby loves Laura Marling and that song. I do, you are training her well.
SHe might also like Caitlin Rose, whose a fave of mine at the moment. x

penny said...

Two words . . Peter Coombe.. . . 80's Classics like Newspapa mama, spaghetti bolognase and mr clickety cane. Saw him play a late night gig at the espy about 18 months ago . . . A crowd of about 400 (mainly aged 20 plus) holding beers,having a good old sing song to music from their childhood wearing folded newspaper hats on their heads. Good times!

Monique said...

Check out this link. http://www.dofunstuff.net/

This is our current car music and the best thing about this CD is that the artists are not kid's musos just great musos who made this CD for a good cause.

Anonymous said...

We love The Wiggles! I downloaded 40 songs from itunes for around £3 (I'm in the UK)and my three and a half year old adores it. They are ridiculously catchy too!
G
x

amanda said...

if i had babies now the they might be giants science cd would be compulsory! http://www.amazon.com/Here-Comes-Science-Might-Giants/dp/B002FKZ4UO