Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hello Mama


In bad parenting news, the only thing I asked for Mother's Day was no-parenting duties for the day... and maybe some time to myself. I DID get both with a long sleep-in, plus as an ADDED MAMA BONUS pancakes and tea in bed, lunch at my favourite seafood cafe and um... you know the choice to do whatever I wanted, which did fortunately did involve mostly hanging out with my loved people in the end. Hooray! Rubes was in a little monster mood most of the day, but DrMr got to enjoy that for the large part of it. Ahhhh...

(* additional side not, if you want to amuse or depress yourself, do a google image search for bad parenting. Hours of fun)



Other than that, things are pretty good at the moment, we are kind of in a state of obsession with babies at the moment - not me so much, I am EXCITED, but kind of you know, I think I know what I am mostly in for. Ruby however is just in a baby-loving fix. She is also insisting on being the/a baby at the moment (photos above is what she thinks babies do - set up a nest for themselves on the kitchen floor, with duck toys, toy dummies and milk). I am kind of pandering to the baby games at the moment, because I am hoping if we do it enough now that she gets sick of it, by the time the new baby comes she will be ALL OVER IT, and ready to be the big sister. Right. Right? Cause that is totally how it all works. We read and re-read a whole ton of books about babies, being big sisters and what to expect, so we are covering the whole BIG SISTER side too. We have had friends visit with their tiny babies too, which is just a hyperventilation attack of excitement, so hopefully we can be as prepared as we can be.

In a side note, the most lovely Rach asked me a few questions about parenting and the like, and I answered them here.

In Georgie Love news, I have a lot on at the moment - heaps of just delightful new stuff that is waiting to go online and new stuff that IS online. I particularly love:




These brooches from Madz has Runaway. Don't tell anyone, but I have snaffled two for myself.


New THIS VERY MORNING are these gorgeous Japanese Cord Fabric Pendants from the ace Lauren Williams.

4 comments:

Virtual Dedicated Hosting said...

Awww! really cute!

Virtual Dedicated Hosting said...

Awww! really cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sal! Have not dropped via your Blog for some tome --- what a darling little girl has ruby grown into!! And lovely to catch up on / read all of GL news x Nell W.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sal! Have not dropped via your Blog for some tome --- what a darling little girl has ruby grown into!! And lovely to catch up on / read all of GL news x Nell W.