Thursday, June 23, 2011

YAWN

Hey! I am finally on maternity leave (officially, as of today) and am in TOOLS DOWN and resting mode, which is AWESOME. I don't know what possessed me to work up to 37 weeks (this is not Georgie Love I am talking about here, but my part time day job, which is in web stuff at a University). I enjoy my job and it's no stress whatsoever, but when putting in my Mat Leave application, I certainly could not predict how freaking tired I would be. Even though I have done it before and that of course was sans toddler.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions, hints, tips and support about LABOUR. I appreciate and note points from all sides, and although unnecessary, wanted to explain a little about why I am SO KEEN to get baby 2 out a little early. Since about halfway through my preg I have had a displaced pelvis which is uncomfortable, painful and altogether unpleasant and has at times made me cry even to just walk around. I have a rad Osteopath that keeps it under check, but anyway... I have been working since day 1 for an active and natural labour and the longer the baby stays in, the more my pelvis gets mucked around, the less likely that will be. So natural labour encouraging methods it is, and I heartily believe that if she is really not ready, she won't come out, but I can TRY for the sake of the best labour outcome for all of us. This is my plan anyway, and for all of us who have had babies, we know that the best laid plans are as good as worthless! It's not just a matter of convenience.

I HAVE also been very busy trying to tidy up some final Georgie Love work, we have some GORGEOUS casual vintage pieces new online (and to celebrate, the code VINTAGE will give you 20% off any vintage piece in the whole store)

I also love the super-cute nautical themed pieces from Nevertheless. I actually bought one of the pendants before we got any in store, because I could not wait for it.

Back in stock - gorgeous earrings, brooches and pendants from Lauren Williams which always go quickly, cause frankly they are ace.

As are the scarves (and a gorgeous new skirt!) from Frankie and Ray, again, we go through a ton of these, because they are wonderfully made and perfect for winter snuggling!

Anyway, it's past my bedtime (no jokes about that, I am quite serious), so it's TIME TO SLEEP.

9 comments:

Frankie and Ray said...

Thank you Sal! And hooray for a little bit of tools down time for you before the next little bundles arrives - hopefully as early and as easily and you would like! Jo x

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Yowser! Get the baby out, pronto!!

Did I forget this? I'm sorry Sal.

Clearly my walking tip won't be of much joy, what about warm baths? Sexy times. Curry. Rolling your hips in a figure 8 (or is that going to hurt, if so, delete it!). Relaxing as much as humanly possible. You gotta do that lady, it sounds like a world of pain.


Hope you have a beautiful restful sleep, and that you feel those first twitchings of early labour REALLY soon. x

Freckled Sparrow said...

Well said lady!
I think we, as women, can be too judgmental when it comes to how labour should go and what methods you choose as an individual. I'm 35 weeks prego now and I've had some pain as well. Your condition sounds REALLY painful and I totally support you and your desire to try and have a natural labour, even if a little early. It is clear to me that you have everyone's best interests at heart and I know it would be very hard to enjoy those last weeks of pregnancy when you are in pain just from walking (particularly when there are a very limited amount of pain relief options while prego). Babes are considered full term at around 37 weeks so your bub would be fine and dandy if it came out at this time. I understand your situation and really hope for the best for you and baby. It can be a tough road this pregnancy thing!
Supportive hugs to you all,
Briony xxx

Lauren said...

Thanks Sal :) Good Luck with baby exit plans! I can definitely sympathise with wanting her out! Looking forward to hearing your news xx

henzy said...

The scarf is adorable..

small catalogue said...

I would absolutely go and ask for an stretch and sweep. Painful; but can be effective. You are a definite candidate. Absolutely agree that the weight and pressure of a term baby would be hideous on a displaced pelvis. Good luck. And, as my obstetrician said just as he delivered my baby, may the force be with you.

Love love love the badge on that glorious red scarf.

JoeyNomad said...

Thanks Sal - I think I am now kind of just waiting for this to be done with and skip to the next part! Also I am checking your blog every day for news on the baby. But no pressure or anything ;) Oh also yes definitely a girl! Woohoo! xx

Helen said...

Hi, I just found you through google - hope you don't mind my visiting!
Congratulations on your beautiful daughter. She is lovely.
I tried the code VINTAGE and it wasn't working. Am I doing something wrong I wonder. The online store says to contact the administrator but I am not sure who that is and feel you have more important things to do than to answer my query!

nevertheless said...

thanks Sal :) hope you and the baby are keeping well!