Monday, March 05, 2012

Premature.

Feel the heat baby.
Hey SUMMER IS OVER, as odd of a summer it was, and now all this terrible FLOODING everywhere.  I saw on the news that 3/4s of NSW was at risk of being flooded or was flooded.  That some areas had received more rain in a DAY` than they had received in TEN YEARS.  It's odd because Armidale is supposed to have a lot of summer storms, but it's been quite dry and I have been waiting for the rain that the rest of the state has been having, but for the first time this summer really, it's been dry and warm.   Odd.  If you are reading this, I hope you are WARM and more importantly DRY and that everything and everyone you love is safe and happy.

Anyway, when we told people that we were moving to Armidale, EVERY response was "oh Armidale is beautiful, but be prepared, because it gets VERY COLD".  So I kind of have it in the back of my mind that we might all FREEZE TO DEATH, so I have been on a somewhat premature mission to buy all the warm clothes I can find to bundle us all up in.  There have been jumpers and snowboots and fleecy things suddenly appearing in the shops and I have been BUYING THEM ALL.  I have bought Ruby new gumboots, snowboots AND ugg boots.  Because I like overkill.


So as a result, I have been excited to see wintery things slowly coming on to Georgie Love too. I have some new things from Petrafanella and more to come (including warmer skirts from Pearl and Elspeth and new woolly fuzz from Zooblast too).  WINTER THINGS MAKE ME HAPPY.  I am going to buy one of these cowls/snoods from Petrafanella.  Pure wool, thick and snuggly, it's right up my alley and the colours are perfect.


1 comments:

Jody Pearl said...

Hi Sally,

Mother Nature's doing the strangest things - if they could channel some of that water and send it West we'd be grateful.

I much prefer the cold to the heat and with family in Armidale I'm enjoying hearing your thoughts.

Stay warm!