Sunday, January 06, 2013

A serious little side thought.

I sometimes read MamaMia.  Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't (I think I am possibly more of a Jezebel lady, who I know oft influences some of the MM posts), but they recently featured this video.

Which is awesome and sad and thought provoking (worth a watch).  I have this poster on my desk at work from Roald Dahl's book The Twits:



And it's TRUE, and it's something I think about a lot.  I think I have written before that I come from a hyper-critical parent who never had a nice thing to say about anyone, and it's a hard habit and mould to break.  But I have also over the years had the realisation that the ugliness of such a personality - a person who is compelled to say nasty things about other people and put them down, is just reflecting the pain, dissatisfaction and disappointment that colours their own existence.

And it is a choice not to be like that.


2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I couldn't agree with you more Sal!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

I've said it once, and I'll happily say it again - you are one of the most beautiful women I have met. Beautiful sparkly eyes, incredible lips and whoa! those cheekbones. You exude joy and you are intelligent and deadly witty to boot.

Girlfriend, I adore you. x