Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Hello World

Happy New Year Blogland!

Man.  I needed a blog break.  I have been feeling very jaded with the world of blogging.  Apart from Georgie Love (ARGH 7 years) I have been blogging for very much well over 12 years and it has changed a lot.  And I have obviously changed a lot, as has my life.  But in the past 2 years, blogging HAS. CHANGED.  and I was super uncomfortable about it, so decided to put it aside some what and concentrate on the real world happenings and see how I felt.  However, clearly it is a New Year and I LIKE blogging, and I have had so many things I have wanted to talk about, but I would sit down, read all these sponsored blogs and arguments and trolls and nastiness, that I just would sit down and exhale and all the words would escape me like a balloon.  So I would close the laptop, play with the kids, have a nap or read something else instead.

But, I reiterate, it is a new year and I have to put the things that are flittering around my brain somewhere.  Life has changed, and people have changed and the whole online community has changed and for better or worse, I don't think I have.  There are certainly things I would like to change about my life for 2013, but I am essentially - the same.  Keep on keeping on.

2012 overall from what I read of my friends (and me), was a shit year.  Or a tough year.  For me - it was an odd year, the word I feel right now is UNCOMFORTABLE, a lot of uncomfortable change required, or uncomfortable realisations.  I went from being a frustrated stay-at-home parent, to a part-time working parent to feeling a very content full time working parent.  I found a job that I REALLY enjoy and makes me happy, and I made a new network in Armidale, some new friends and finding my feet (sort of) in a new town, and trying to get over the guilt that comes with being a working parent.  You know what, the kids are ok.  The kids are better than ok.


4 comments:

L Pascuzzi said...

Gasp! You're back! I've missed you.

Rachael @Mogantosh said...

Welcome to 2013 beloved Georgie Love blog. I look forward to your thoughts, big and small. Together let's keep writing those under-edited ramblings, old-school stylee. xx

Anonymous said...

I've missed you but have at least been entertained with 'thank you haters' in your absence. Looking forward to your return and a better 2013 for all :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back! I like your blogging style, by the way.
A job that makes you happy is so great - congrats!

Fine